Friday, August 6, 2010

Running through the sprinkler Layout

Here is a layout I made to participate in the Cricut messageboard LID weekly challenge.  I used the DCWV Spring paper stack because I thought it would go well with the bright, summery colors that were contained in the photographs.

The title was cut from the new fall mini Cricut cart called H2O.  It is a very delicate cut, so I cut it using medium pressure and multicut 3.  The sun image is from Create a Critter.  I inked the edges of the sun image.  I wanted to ink the title as well....but life is just too short....LOL!

This little do-dad was created by cutting out this shape from a piece of paper (the paper had all kinds of words on it) from the spring stack and using a little Glossy Accents to make an epoxy embellishment.  It's the first time I've used that product and I was really happy with the results!  The shine from the epoxy makes it look as if the piece is wet, which is pretty cool considering my subject matter.

The journaling was computer generated for this piece.  I've been doing this a lot lately not because I don't like my handwriting, but because I can't write straight! lol  My sentences always end up slanted :(

The sprinkler shape was cut using the H2O Cricut cartridge.  I wanted bigger water droplets, so I looked through my stash to see what I could come up with.  I ended up finding a rhinestone flower and broke each petal off in order to make droplet shapes.  It was not easy, let me tell ya!  After breaking the petals off, the edges were very jagged, but a couple of quick swipes with an emery board did the trick.

That's my project, I hope you all enjoyed looking at it and might be able to snag an idea or two from it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I *heart* comments!