Friday, August 6, 2010

Baby Layout

Here's another layout I did for the LID challenge on the Cricut messageboard.  This layout was also made using the DCWV spring stack...I am totally getting my money's worth out of this stack!  I've already made about 5 layouts and a couple of cards using this stack.

In this piece, I cut the grass out using Plantin Schoolbook.  I welded three grass cuts together and cut it out twice.  Thank I inked it all (yes, every....single....blade...of...grass...on....both...sides) which took forever and then layered both images to give it a very dimensional effect.  I think it looks cool, so my time was well spent :)

The title was created using Simply Sweet, Nursery Rhymes, New Arrival, and Holiday Cakes.   For the word, grassy, I spelled it out using Simply Sweet.  Using my Gypsy, I shortened and stretched and manipulated the size of the letters until I achieved my desired effect.

The words little baby are from Nursery Rhymes.  The image had a heart between the two words that couldn't be hidden with the hide contour feature, so I just cut out the whole word and then snipped the heart out by hand.

The word feet was made using Holiday Cakes and I welded it and stretched it a little with my Gypsy.  It's amazing how you can achieve the look of a totally different font by just playing around with your sizes using the Gypsy.  That is the best money I've ever spent....

The feet were cut from the New Arrival cartridge.

Thanks for looking at my layout!  Have a great day :)


  1. i love that pic of the little feetsies!

  2. This is so sweet, and so pretty. Love the close up picture of her little feet.


I *heart* comments!