Followers

Friday, August 27, 2010

Better late than never!

Here is a layout I've been working on for oh...about three weeks now. I got stuck and had to leave it sit for awhile before I could come back to it...I'm goofy like that sometimes. There are times when I know a layout needs more, but I just can't figure out what. When I leave it awhile and come back to it, I end up coming up with an idea I'm happy with.

It's a layout of my daughter's first friend birthday party last year-what a crazy day that was!  I've used a little sparkly magic to block out her friends' faces in the interest of their privacy.  I thought it would be cuter than laying big white squares of cardstock over their faces before photographing :)


Most of the papers used came from the Peace, Love, Happiness by the Paper Studio which can be purchased at Hobby Lobby.  The pink flowery papers are from a smaller stack I recently picked up at Tuesday Morning for 2 bucks.  I'm not sure what brand though...

 

Here's the side that was for the LID challenge and HERE is where you can find the original sketch on the Cricut message board.  Once again, I had more pictures than the layout called for, so I improvised.  I cut file folders from the Fabulous Finds Cricut cartridge and fashioned little pockets to hold inserts that hold and extra photo and journaling.  The little embellies on the tab serve almost as handles so the inserts can be pulled out more easily.


This little slice of cake (as well as the die cut gifts) wwere cut out from the Sweet Treats cartridge.  I added some white gel pen to make it pop as well as a "cherry" rhinestone.  I attached the cake to the insert with a pop dot.


Banners seem to be all the rage now, so I gave it a whirl.  These pieced were cut from the Celebrations cartridge.  Very cute!!! 

The black, starry background paper was cut using the Gypsy Wanderings cartridge.



It's hard to tell in this photo, but the journaling lines and brackets are raised and glittery.  They came in a pack of rubons I picked up at Big Lots recently for $1.50.  I added the white faux stitching and rhinestones.


And here's my title.  The birthday word is a K & Company sticker.  The yellow blast shape is from the Batman Cricut cartridge.  I manipulated it into this specific shape using my Gypsy.  The font is from Hannah Montana.

Thanks for checking out my page!  Have a good one! :)

1 comment:

  1. Love it! A work of art! I can't imagine the time you took to make this but it would take me forever. You are a talented lady. Pat

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments!