Followers

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Kindergarten Cuties Layout

I'm slowly but surely getting to scrapping my daughter's school pictures. Here is my latest creation using her Kindergarten class photograph.





Before I begin, the large white square and smaller rectangular square of cardstock are not part of the layout. I just put those there for privacy reasons. I don't think the families in my community would appreciate me splattering their children's names faces all over the internet, lol.

The apple paper is Paper Studio paper I picked up at Hobby Lobby, and so is the lined paper (I think).

Okay...so I cheated a little bit. This embellishment is from a pack of chipboard embellishments I got at Dollar Tree. But, to make it a little more my own, I added the words. I used my Sakura Glaze pens, which make a great embossed effect. We're all entitled to cheat a little bit every now and then, haha!


For this I used my Gypsy to weld and manipulate the rick rack from Plantin Schoolbook. I played around with the shape, trying to stretch it and thicken it until I was happy with it. I then cut it from a green cardstock sheet I got from Hobby Lobby (I'm not sure what brand of cardstock they carry-sorry!).
Next I cut the letters for 'kindergarten' from some blue cardstock. After placing them, I thought they needed a little something extra, so I went to my new 'go-to' technique...more faux stitching!
The word 'cuties' I welded using my Gypsy (the cart used is Lyrical Letters). And, of course, I went ahead and "stitched" those too! :)


In this photo you can see that I popped up the letters in 'kindergarten.'


No comments:

Post a Comment

I *heart* comments!