Followers

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Baby shower card

Here's a card I made for a baby shower I'm going to this Saturday. I made it to match the wrapping paper I'll be wrapping her gift with....I guess I should have gotten a photo of that, too! LOL Oh well...The turtle matches the wrap almost exactly. I think it came out super cute. He's from Walk In My Garden. The card itself is the onesie image from New Arrival. I made it using my Gypsy. I took the image, made it the size I wanted, then copied it. With the copy, I flipped it and welded it so that the card is joined at the neck of the onesie.
I ran the little turtle shell through my Sizzix purse using the tiny bubbles Cuttlebug embossing folder. It made him look more 'turtley.' LOLOL


See, the card opens up from the bottom. I cut four hanger images out of yellow cardstock and glued them all on top of eachother to make the hanger. Then I slipped it through the neck, and now it can be actually hung on my gift. So cool!


On the inside I cut the sentiment from my Gypsy and stamped the rest...and had to add some more of that supercute faux stitching with my Gellyroll pen. :)
Thanks for looking at my card. I usually don't make cards, but I did this time so that I could match my card to my wrapping paper. I have a thing about matching....lol. :)



4 comments:

  1. This is adorable! Love the colors and would have love to have seen the matching wrappig paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!!! Love it!!! So clever! I adore the hanger idea! I've got to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is just tooooo... cute. Thanks for sharing. Shari (cricutrookie)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sooo cute! I also love your diaper cake.

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments!