Followers

Friday, April 30, 2010

American Beauty Layout

I don't know about you, but I'm starting to get that summery feeling. Summer always makes me think of July 4th, and so I decided to get a jump on some summery layouts. Here's one I'd like to share with you...

For this layout, I used papers that I found at Hobby Lobby last weekend on sale. It was a pack of Bazill paper in military colors. The pack I purchased were colors for the Marines which included this blue and red, and also included a goldish yellow color and black. There were 4 sheets of each color and I got the pack for $3.79...not too shabby!

I cut the large star from my Hannah Montana Cricut cartridge. Then I distressed the edges a bit with some scissors and inked the edges lightly using Momento ink.

The fireworks are from Stand and Salute. It's difficult to see in this photo, but the white shadow is shimmery paper. The red glitter paper is from the Martha Stewart Christmas stack that was out this past holiday season. It is very thick, but cut beautifully in my Cricut.




The word American I cut from, once again, my Hannah Montana cartridge (I just LOVE that cart!). I welded the shadow using my Gypsy. The blue letters were cut from some plain blue cardstock which I then glittered by hand using a Xyron sticker maker and some Martha Stewart glitter.
The word, beauty, is done in Gypsy Font and welded. You can't really tell in this photo, but it's cut from DCWV glitter paper. The more sparkle the better-I always say!


Just a little sentiment I added at the bottom...




This star was made by painting chipboard shapes with shimmery acrylic paint and then heaping a bunch of Martha Stewart glitter on top.





The same goes for the circle shape...I'm just now discovering how fun covering "naked" chipboard can be! And I've got to tell ya...Folk Art metallic acrylic paints are the way to go.






There's my layout, thanks for looking!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I *heart* comments!