Followers

Friday, March 19, 2010

Mr. Fix It

Well, I know I haven't posted in awhile, but it's not for a lack of creating. I've been busy working on my first mini album and it's taking me FOREVER to complete. I must have 20 hours into it already and I'm only halfway done! When I do finally finish it I'll be sure to post lots of pics and maybe even a video if I can figure out how to do it! We'll see....

In the mean time, here's a layout I completed a couple of weeks ago that I haven't been able to post yet.








The red paper in this layout comes from a pack I got a Big Lots a few months ago. It's made by EK Success, and came in a pack of 8 double sided sheets of paper. The line is called Inspirables Fresh & Funky. For the pack it was only $1.25...so you know that made me happy!



To achieve the diamond plate effect for my letters, I first cut the letters out of Core'dinations cardstock...FIX is from Don Juan, but I can't remember what cart the MR and IT came from...maybe Plantin Schoolbook? Anywhoooo...after I cut out the letters, I ran them through my Sizzix texture boutique using the diamond plate Cuttlebug embossing folder. Then I sanded the letters gently using a sanding block...and-viola!-a very cool boyish title for my page!


It's hard to see in the photo, but in the upper right hand corner of the layout I added three little staple X's to add some visual interest...it's really hard finding cool embellishments for boy pages sometimes!



Anyway, thanks for looking and I'm really gonna try to hustle and get that mini album completed-as soon as I do, I'll post it asap! So far, I'm really happy with it and I can't wait to see what you all think of it!



***For some reason, the colors aren't very true in the photos of this layout...I took them with no flash, but I think I should have waited till the morning to photograph them so I could take advantage of the natural light....oh well...ya live and learn I guess!***




















1 comment:

  1. Very cute layout. I love the embossed letters. So perfect for that page!.
    Hugs,
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments!